Digital Project Manager (Non-Technical)
THE JOB / Digital Project Manager
CREATIVE / Responsible for executing bold, innovative ideas and producing design, technology, and content for our clients’ marketing programs
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
We are a group of specialists who are creators: Content creators, event producers, and digital marketers. We constantly strive to create programming that goes above and beyond our client’s expectations and helps us shine in our industry.
Reporting to the project management team, this person will be responsible for handling projects for various clients, from banking to e-sports to packaged goods to technology.
The project manager will be asked to be the liaison between the client account team, the digital development team, and the creative production team: setting up briefing meetings, estimating projects, and supporting the producers in the ultimate creation of projects will all be part of the job scope.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Plan, assign project resources, and prioritize all project deliverables
- Receive all new work internal project requests and consult with supervisor on all team members to be involved
- Build, monitor, and communicate project timelines and status trackers to account & project teams to ensure projects remain on time and within budget
- Document, store and organize project assets and key findings in a document repository
- Distribute meeting notes after all internal and external client meetings
- Suggest tools/applications that could facilitate project management
- Manage project financial process, including assistance in RFPs and SOWs, drafting/delivery, crafting program estimates
- Handle vendor management, including gathering production estimates from vendors, invoice processing, new vendor onboarding, and more
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are comfortable in the technology space and are familiar with the elements needed to create a website. You are a collaborator and the consummate teammate with a track record of success working closely with your clients, agency co-workers, and production partners to produce award-winning content
- 0-2 years of experience in project management or closely related job
- Experience in working on digital development projects and a familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Easy-going, tactful, and likable teammate that cannot be pushed around and can hold others accountable for their responsibilities to meet critical client demands/deadlines
- A creator of systems and processes; ‘Organization’ is your middle name
- A collaborative, “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall duties and additional programs as needed
- Experience defining the scope for new projects and features, communicating requirements and dependencies, and proactively identifying project roadblocks
- A proven budget manager who can handle revenue, staffing, and other resource management
- Familiarity with project management software (we use Workfront)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- When necessary, comfortable traveling to client events to support/monitor technology team projects
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.