Front End Developer
THE JOB / Front End Developer
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our northeast office locations - Stamford, CT or New York, NY. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Do have a passion for building outstanding products? Do you thrive in collaborative environments and have a proven ability to understand specifications and transform them into high-quality code? If so, this role is for you!
This role will support new and ongoing business efforts, manage a large volume of interactive and digital projects, and will be responsible for ensuring these projects' timelines, budgets, and scope aligns with business requirements and strategies.
The work you’ll do
- Write standards-compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms and screen sizes
- Translate visual designs and bring them to life as a unified, functional experience on web and mobile platforms
- Collaborate with technologists, creatives, project managers, and strategists
- Perform technical requirements gathering, use-case discovery, and platform analysis
- Collaborate with Development Director to develop estimates and overall implementation solution plans
- Define and document standard methodologies and contribute to company knowledge sharing efforts
- Participate/provide support of new business efforts, where necessary
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility!
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years of development experience; with 1 year of experience in a project lead role
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with collaborative tools like Figma or Zeplin
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with source control, code review, and management of repositories with GIT
- A solid understanding of associated computer science fundamentals: object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithm design
- Ability to present the architectural designs of a system to project team members and other partners in clear, simple terms
- Enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating on concepts
- Experience with accessibility testing
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.