Project Coordinator, Merchandise
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Merchandise
Octagon Merchandise is Octagon’s internal merchandise development division. We work directly with account teams and outside clients to develop, create, source and deliver successful merchandise programs for our client brands.
We are looking for an SAE to join our growing division. This person will support the team by managing the merchandise order process from start to finish! This project management-heavy position requires someone who can think on their feet with a customer service-minded approach to finding solutions.
Creativity, high energy, attention to detail, organization and a positive attitude are all requirements for this role. You will be directly involved in our day-to-day project work and will be learning and experiencing the ASI merchandise business from one of the top players in the industry! You must be willing to “pitch in” and become a key part of our team from day one. Travel to tradeshows will be required.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Order entry/traffic process:
- Manage orders from quote to delivery
- Get product image proofs from factory and forward to client
- Handle proof approvals or changes to proofs
- Follow-up on ship dates, obtain tracking info
- Obtain factory invoices
- Bill and close out open orders
- Vendor setup in Range
- Creation of PO’s in SAP
- Reporting responsibilities:
- Create and maintain weekly Merchandise Open Order Report
- Create and assist in the maintenance of the Bi-Monthly Project Lead Report
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Participate in brainstorming activities
- Conduct product research
- Work directly with vendors for product quotes, act as liaison with vendor pool to schedule weekly meetings
- Sales Support – Support Account Managers with in-process merchandise projects. This may include vendor engagement, product quotes, client presentations, securing proof and pre-production sample approvals, shipment tracking and billing
- Vendor Relations – acquire expertise in specific vendor and product categories and build on the division’s vendor network
- Produce professional product sell sheets/presentations, complete with images, descriptions, specifications and production lead times to present to our client base
- Source products from vendor factories that creatively fit the needs of our clients’ projects, timelines and budgets.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1+ years of customer service/client service experience
- Experience in ASI, Branded Merchandise industry a plus
- Self-starter who will take initiative and work with a variety of people
- Ability to manage relationships with key partners (e.g. vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to learn new order entry/financial reporting platforms as needed. SAP or Smartbooks experience is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to “see the big picture” and identify potential issues
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability and flexibility to work long hours and be resourceful when working remotely
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.