Account Director, Luxury Motorsports
THE JOB / Account Director, Luxury Motorsports
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and carrying out events for a luxury automotive brand through the IMSA series.
Reporting into the Group Director leading all aspects of driving elements for the luxury automotive client, this role provides you with the opportunity and autonomy to run your own events. This person will lead and mentor a team of specialists across the client’s sponsorship and hospitality hosting programs. Including product launches, race activation, sponsorship analysis and asset management!
As the head of this team, this individual will be responsible for developing and implementing a program plan and strategy that delivers clear and measurable results! This Account Director will play point as the contact not only for the clients, but also the various tracks across the country. Creative thinking for new hospitality and fan zone activations will set you apart from other candidates.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
Responsibilities include day-to-day client coordination, team management, plan management and analysis, partner coordination (external and internal), dealer engagement and solutions, event logistics, CRM coordination, budget management, and success metrics planning and analysis. This position will require someone with a strong understanding of Motorsports and the ability to connect the dots for maximum scale in experiential partnerships.
- Develop experiential marketing programs which address business priorities, are measurable and meet deliverables
- Coordinate planning and execution of the events and guide team members
- Lead all communication with partner agency leads
- Management of client account with our two client leads
- Lead strategic planning, and analysis to ensure effective marketing programs
- Budget management and accounting
- Negotiate sponsorships and contract execution
- Develop and respond to POV requests on sponsorships and partnerships
- Be an inspirational leader who works as part of a team in the trenches, but at the same time be a mentor and strong manager adept at providing feedback and coaching
- Collaborate with other team leads on staffing, resources, and solving problems
- Love to travel? Weekend and Holiday event work are required in this role
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A collaborator and the consummate teammate with a track record of success working closely with your client partners to achieve their objectives through event, hospitality and experiential marketing.
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- 7+ years proven experience in related field; experiential marketing and/or corporate hospitality (consumer and B2B)
- Ideal, but not required a specialty in Motorsports
- A respected leader and coach who encourages, motivates, mentors and strengthens a team
- Have a validated ability to work with operational partners and vendors to implement a multitude of projects
- Known as an effective presenter and can be an ambassador of Octagon’s brand and business
- Know how to develop and run a budget and can discuss fiscal matters with ease to any audience: clients, finance, your team
- Can put a presentation together, are effective at customizing your writing to your audience and can deliver the pitch when you are in the room
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” demeanor to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to travel as required
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.