Digital Strategy Manager
THE JOB / Digital Strategy Manager
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing, implementing and optimizing social and digital campaigns
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
Do you consider yourself a paid media maven? Are you a forward-thinking creator of digital marketing campaigns who can distill sophisticated data into digestible insights and impactful strategies?
The Digital Strategy Manager will work alongside world-class brands to enhance sponsorship investments via paid social media, organic contractual digital media, content ideation, and digital partnerships.
The work you’ll do
- Formulate multi-channel digital media plans, including (but not limited to) actionable recommendations regarding paid distribution via media partners, programmatic & paid social, content ideation, audience development, and campaign measurement
- Collaborate with internal Octagon departments and/or with client agency partners to deliver asset recommendations, digital valuations, content strategy, and IP integration opportunities that enhance client investments
- Develop digital and social strategies rooted in insights, industry benchmarks, and emerging trends across the advertising landscape
- Apply social listening and measurement tools to develop research around conversations and audiences to deliver data-driven recommendations
- Present media strategy recommendations to clients and share rationale behind recommendation
- Measure campaigns and deliver meaningful real-time insights and optimization strategies as well as post-campaign recaps
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of proven experience in digital/social strategy or media planning. Agency experience is a plus but not required
- A passion and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, and music. You keep a pulse on pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Experience crafting, executing, and optimizing digital media and amplification strategies. Familiarity with social metrics and baseline social and digital key performance indicators
- Proficiency with digital analytics and social tools, including paid social buying platforms (Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit), and paid search/display/video platforms (Google Ads, YouTube, GDN, Trade Desk). You’ve used these tools for campaign formation, tracking, and research and can adeptly synthesize insights from data
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and ability to build client-facing presentations
- Attention to detail, and an understanding of the importance of accuracy, as much of the work, is consumer and client facing
- Ability to learn, stay on the cusp of new platforms and tools, and educate internal counterparts as well as clients on new trends, technology, and digital strategies
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.