Account Manager, Travel Client - Client Services
THE JOB / Account Manager, Travel Client, Client Services
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to manage our travel client’s US sports partnerships that include the NBA, Fiesta Bowl and Mexican National Soccer Team!
You’ll be the day-to-day point of contact for our client and guide them through yearlong strategic planning/development, property management, marketing promotion/activation of partnership benefits and asset tracking/reporting among other duties!
The Account Manager will work closely with the Group Director on the account as well as with key partners from the client team and internal Octagon teams.
This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, proactivity, attention to detail and an ability to work well on a team. Working in this role involves some travel as necessary to events and client/partner meetings.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship team
- Support property partner relationships as the day-to-day liaison
- Project management and tracking of sponsorship assets
- Communicate and implement client objectives and strategy
- Manage approvals for creative, advertising, marketing and media integration
- Manage and participate in weekly status meetings
- Work collaboratively with Octagon specialty groups on client programs
- Prepare program documentation and wrap-up reports including program overviews, results tracking, POVs and budgets
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of sponsorship/brand marketing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sponsorship management
- Experience or interest in NBA, college football and/or soccer preferred
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills (both written and oral)
- Outstanding organizational skills and careful attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality work within deadlines
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand, and product offering
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Ability and flexibility with weekend and some holiday work as needed, and travel as necessary
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Hispanic marketing experience is not required but a plus
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.