Account Manager, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
This position involves, but is not limited to, strategy, creative development and execution, day-to-day client/partner management, activation budget planning/management, hospitality, experiential activation, and overall oversight of a health and wellness client’s NBA team partnerships and programming.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, solutions-driven multitasker who welcomes the chance to lead a small team. This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, acute attention to detail, client and partner management, and relationship building amongst constituents to work as part of a team to bring partnerships to life.
The Account Manager will work closely with a Group Director who oversees the client’s NBA partnerships and supports the overall sponsorship portfolio.
The work you’ll do
- Lead and develop planning initiatives to leverage NBA team partnership assets and support client business objectives as a key member of the Kaiser Permanente account team
- Build relationships among client and partner teams with different specialties to integrate for optimal partnership strategy and program execution
- Handle creative concept implementation and execution across team partners, including trafficking materials
- Work closely with the account team to leverage existing assets and programming for client programming consistency
- Identify and lead outside vendors associated with implementing overall programming
- Provide on-site program management needs as necessary, as well as management of multiple activations simultaneously at each event
- Lead budgets and finances related to programs
- Prepare formal documentation for projects, including program overviews, recap summaries, agency POVs, budgets, and partnership playbook presentations
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of sponsorship/brand marketing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sponsorship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional client service and outstanding organizational skills, careful attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” attitude to assist with overall account team duties and additional programs as needed
- Experience in presentation development and presentation delivery
- Experience with handling partner relationships, including team partners, vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Experience handling and maintaining a budget or budgets
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability and flexibility with weekend and some holiday work as needed, and travel as necessary
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.