Account Director, Client Services
THE JOB / Account Director, Client Services
CLIENT SERVICES / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Octagon is looking for a dynamic marketing pro to help us grow and take on new client work that you will help us build from the ground up. If you have a passion for partnership marketing, developing deep client and partner relationships, possess a strong strategic approach, love the journey better than the destination and enjoy being part of a team in a fast-paced environment, this is the position for you!
The right candidate will be an experienced brand marketer responsible for building positive relationships with clients, colleagues and third parties through proficient project planning and management, strong brand marketing advisory and channel and stakeholder integration (clients, agencies, internal specialisms). They will enjoy problem solving, working on a collaborative team and have experience working for or with agencies.
We are searching for an Account Director to support our dynamic client service team on multiple brand accounts. This will include developing expertise in our clients’ industries ranging from e-commerce to healthcare to consumer goods, crafting compelling partnership marketing plans and guiding a team of specialists to deliver multi-channel campaigns to market. Most often, those campaigns will include professional sports and entertainment partnerships and could also include influencer marketing, TV creative, content production and live event execution. Finally, the ideal candidate will not settle for the status quo and will provide us with new and innovative thinking, along with a willingness to innovate and explore new territories!
The responsibilities for this position could require travel to attend client meetings, live event executions and programs and work on the weekends.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Project manage the development and delivery of marketing programs for our clients
- Lead day-to-day client interface to insure sound comprehension of and adherence to brand guidelines, business objectives, budgetary parameters, delivery timelines and impactful results
- Lead internal integration efforts to ensure seamless and timely delivery of quality materials to clients and eventually to market
- Develop thoughtful POVs, insights and results reports that will advise sensible marketing plans and real-time campaign improvements
- Lead sports and entertain property relationships and renewal exercises, where applicable
- Develop and manage fulfillment of integrated activation plans and corresponding budgets
- Participate in business development efforts via prospecting and contributing to the development of proposals
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- A total of seven to ten year(s) experience working in account management, project management or client service at an agency, brand or sports or entertainment property
- Strong client management skills and possess the confidence to provide them with strategic guidance and direction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to balance multiple sophisticated tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to work as within a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems effectively and independently
- A sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to manage relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to quickly become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offerings
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.