Manager of Talent Media
The job / manager, talent media
We’re looking for a Manager of Talent Media to join the Octagon Strategic Initiatives team. In this role, you’ll work across a variety of athletes, broadcasters and celebrity clients to assist in the development and management of innovative business initiatives. These include media and marketing platform development, original and branded programming, social media monetization and general client and partnership management. You will be at the forefront of talent driven content marketing and will assist in shaping the future of talent representation.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field a plus
- 3+ years of digital / social media marketing, strategy and content management experience.
- You are passionate about innovation and you love finding creative solutions to bring to bear the opportunities being crafted in a constantly evolving industry.
- Experience in a client services / account management role, working with and delivering to external clients
- A passion for and expertise in sports (golf knowledge and experience a plus), entertainment, gaming, and music. You keep a pulse on pop culture and what’s trending digitally
- Experience creating and implementing multi-channel digital marketing and amplification strategies, an understanding of the marketing funnel and experience developing conversion tactics
- Advanced proficiency in digital analytics and social tools, including paid social buying platforms (Meta, Google, Twitter), Google Analytics, and Excel
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Content management systems such as Wordpress, Shopify/ WooCommerce and other e-commerce platforms, Microsoft Office programs and Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Organized and able to handle projects effectively and efficiently – you know how to keep everything on task and have keen attention to follow-through
- Highly adaptive to changing client and internal needs
- Attention to detail, understanding the importance of accuracy, as much of the work is consumer and client-facing
- Willingness to learn, stay on the cusp of new platforms and tools, and educate internal counterparts as well as clients on new trends, technology, and digital strategies
- You have created real customer experience solutions for clients.
- You can explain step-by-step how to transform an idea into real digital engagement.
- You study the clients business and develop solutions that drive our client's goals and value for their partners.
- You're a collaborative leader and a standout colleague.
- You are cool, calm, collected, and confident.
- You are a creative, detail-loving, problem solver with strong written and verbal interpersonal skills across diverse teams and subject areas.
- You're able to prioritize and run multiple projects at one time, and have the ability to keep up with changing prioritization and last-minute adjustments
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
The work you’ll do
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives Team, Clients and Partners to lead digital driven marketing plans.
- Track the fulfilment of contractual deliverables.
- The position defines, plans, and schedules project activities, applying creative and critical thinking, technical and project management skills to satisfy project requirements
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of multiple complex projects from concept to completion, ensuring client satisfaction, meeting all timeline landmarks and delivering within the approved budgets
- Serve as a main client interface on projects, clarify strategic requirements, logistics, explain complex ideas clearly, and handle expectations
- Working closely with the client and Strategic Initiatives Team and other divisions to update creative assets, social profiles and related campaign materials in real-time.
- Provide immediate day-to-day support of production-related requirements of all projects.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to content, platform, production and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Identify creative opportunities to drive client revenue across broad range of assets.
- Assist with additional projects, reporting and tasks as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and other industry contacts
- Offer thought leadership both internally and externally
For consideration please submit your résumé and cover letter on-line at www.octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.