Account Manager, Merchandise - Experiences
THE JOB / Account Manager, Merchandise
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
Octagon Merchandise is Octagon’s internal merchandise development division. We work directly with account teams and outside clients to develop, create, source and deliver successful merchandise programs for our client brands.
We’re looking for a creative, diligent relationship builder to join our merchandise team as an account manager! You will be working directly with Octagon and IPG agency account teams to complete their merchandise projects. Using your creative, project management and interpersonal skills, you will enhance client satisfaction, identify and close new prospects, and drive revenue into our award-winning merchandise sourcing division.
Our Merchandise team supports our F500 clients with effective, fan-wowing custom merch and apparel for ongoing sports activations. If you possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a strong ability to work independently, and the initiative to find and uncover new revenue sources, this is your next right move!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Manage and grow agency relationships with outstanding customer experience
- Actively engaging with the client teams and Octagon account teams to fulfill their needs
- Identify decision-makers at prospect accounts, engaging and closing revenue-generating projects
- Proactively participate in vendor engagement, product quotes, client presentations and order entry.
- Acquire expertise in specific vendor and product categories and build on the division’s vendor network
- Produce exceptional product sell sheets/presentations, complete with images, descriptions, specifications and production lead times
- Use social and professional networking to generate prospects for new business
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- 4ish years of promotional products industry experience or similar outside sales/project management experience
- Have “bonus experience” that might include promotion agency experience, knowledge of apparel & headwear, fashion and pop culture, knowledge of sports properties and licensing policies for NFL, MLB, etc.
- Might also have a proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop
- A self-starter with experience in face-to-face client interaction and relationship selling
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects without breaking a sweat
- Perform your job with little supervision and execute well within a team environment
- Comfortable in a high energy, face paced office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Extremely organized and show off your exceptional time management skills to anyone who will listen
- Comfortable setting your own meetings
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.