THE JOB / HR Coordinator
As our HR Coordinator you will be responsible for assisting with the on-boarding/off-boarding and other payroll and HR administrative actions (transfers, promotions, department changes, etc.) for our employee population. You will field and respond to inquiries from current employees and newly hired employees spanning the spectrum of payroll, benefit and general employee changes and actions. This also includes mastery of our HRIS systems, which you will be responsible for updating and maintaining as well as a general understanding of our business.
You will also provide assistance to the broader HR team on special projects as well as regular and ad-hoc monthly administrative initiatives related to the effective management of our day-to-day operations and process.
We’re looking for someone who knows the importance of putting the ‘Human’ in ‘Human Resources.’ You are keenly aware of and understand an employee’s perspective, the immediacy of some inquiries and the importance of being super detailed. That means checking your work once, twice, and maybe thrice (don’t forget, your work effects people’s pay, so we want you to get it right)!
Our agency business moves quickly which impacts what we do in HR, so you’ll need to be able to keep up the pace, working efficiently yet accurately with an eye on what’s now, but also considering the impact of an action and how that may affect what’s next.
If you have an orientation to data and numbers, truly enjoy interacting with people as a trusted resource, get satisfaction from being a problem solver and like building and maintaining systems to keep things organized and operating efficiently then we’d love to talk to you!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Process new hires and employee departures in multiple applications
- Process payroll changes such as leaves of absence, promotions, increases, and transfers
- Collect, process, and submit overtime for eligible employees to payroll
- Collaborate with our shared payroll service providers
- Provide administrative support for Manager of Analytics & HR Systems and Team: Document preparation, e-filing, etc.
- Serve as main point of contact for all things related to reimbursements, credit card balances, benefits for employees, timesheets, and on-boarding paperwork related questions
- Invest in the on-going understanding of our organizational structure, our business and how we operate. This directly correlates to being able to do your job
- Will conduct new hire orientations to groups via Teams, in-person and/or via Webinar videos
- Special projects as required
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant HR or Finance experience highly desired, but we are also happy to consider those who have more experience
- HRIS Systems experience with hrlink/PeopleSoft and Greenhouse a plus
- You should have some payroll or timekeeping experience, understand the importance of HR record keeping and documentation and execute on the transactional with an understanding of how that fits in to the bigger picture.
- Pro Microsoft Office experience, leading with strong Excel skills
- Proven effective written and oral communication skills, as well as ability to present to groups as an authority on subject matter
- Strong prioritization skills to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A real passion for or knowledge of sports and/or entertainment a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- A can-do mindset; dedicated, resourceful, collaborative standout colleague; thorough and strong follow-through skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with all levels of management
- Validated organizational and time management skills
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.