Senior Account Executive, Retail - National Grassroots Tour
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Retail – National Grassroots Tour
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to support the day-to-day series management of a nationwide grassroots event program running from August – December 2022.
The tour will consist of a team of marketers who facilitate employee recognition and community partner events that provide an outstanding experience for attendees while recognizing their efforts to drive substantial action toward climate change!
The team will be comprised of two (2) “travel” teams that will each travel to various locations across the country staging the events, and one “home” team which handles long term planning and communication for the event series. This role will offer key support to the “home” team, while traveling to select events on an as needed basis.
This SAE will become a product expert in a new Electronic Vehicle product and its adoption across partner businesses and communities. Led by a core Experiences account team, you will be tasked with driving pre- and post-event communications with the client’s partners, vendor coordination and budget management!
This individual will be able to work as part of a cohesive team and will collaborate with various internal divisions, client partners/vendors, and community and government collaborators. This position offers an opportunity to learn event logistics and event activation. Strong team dynamics skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Implement half-day events at various locations within a relatively short set up and tear down time frame
- Communicate directly with operational partners and vendors as needed for the set-up, execution and breakdown of individual events
- Communicate and work directly with host venues – in most cases the client’s partner locations – to ensure details and timing are communicated effectively and daily venue operations are not disrupted
- Connect with program partners - including government officials, policy makers, and infrastructure partners as needed – to implement and carry out events
- On-site, the team will be responsible for implementing food & beverage offerings, attendee gifting, audio/visual as needed, branding, activations and attendee entertainment, Ride and Drive aspects at select events
- Lead on-site efforts and the Event Trainees working directly with you to carry out the schedule of events across the U.S.
- Handle gifting inventory as needed for the full schedule of events
- Become an expert in a specific line of electric vehicles to be able to speak to community partners and implement Ride and Drive events at select events
- Work closely with the entire program team, including an Account Director and Account Executive, to manage event-related and travel expenses as a piece of the larger program budget
- Communicate event optimization strategies and tactics to drive efficiencies and continuously improve the events as the series is carried out
- Work with the entire program team to handle tour schedule changes as needed
- Solicit survey responses from event attendees at each event
- Reporting of event results to larger team for real-time reporting to the client
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Passion for sustainability and electronic vehicles a strong plus
- 2-3+ years’ work or internship experience in events, branded experiences or a customer-service oriented role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 21+ years of age
- Have a desire to learn and further develop your career in event marketing
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Personality traits: confident, engaging, enthusiastic and eloquent
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Ability and comfort level to connect with event attendees from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- Willingness to travel extensively (including weekends) for weeks at a time
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.