Senior Tax Accountant
Senior Tax Accountant
Athletes and entertainers generate a lifetime of earnings over a short period of time. Managing those earnings is critical for their financial security now and in the future. For more than 30 years, OFS has helped athletes and celebrities manage their wealth—from the signing of their first contract, through retirement and beyond. As an independent wealth management office, we pride ourselves on helping clients understand their finances, so they can enjoy the lifestyle they have worked so hard to earn.
If you want to be part of this successful team, we want to hear from you! We are looking for a tenacious, thorough self-starter to join OFS as a Senior Tax Advisor in McLean, VA. In this role, you will prepare returns for some of the world's best athletes. A hybrid work schedule is available for this role outside of tax season.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Research, plan and prepare US individual and business income tax returns
- Collect and organize clients' tax documents
- Complete initial input and review of tax information in tax software
- Advise clients on how to minimize tax liability and notify them of any tax changes
- Support compliance with taxing agency requirements
- Respond to federal and state notices and assist in government audits
- Participate in tax analysis and research projects and administrative tasks, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Financial certification strongly preferred (CPA)
- 2-4 years of work experience in the tax planning/preparation field
- Broad knowledge and understanding in individual tax preparation, preferably with multi-state experience
- Must be very meticulous, thorough and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Experience with CCH Axcess or any other tax software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with persons at all levels in the organization
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with regards to sensitive or confidential personnel or organizational matters.
For consideration please submit your résumé and cover letter on-line at www.ofswealth.com in the “Careers” section.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
OFS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.