Commercial Strategy Executive
Reports to: Head of Commercial Strategy
Salary: £ Competitive
FT/Contract: Full Time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Due to significant growth Octagon is expanding its Commercial Strategy team. The Commercial Strategy team is a specialist division within Octagon specialising in advising clients on all aspects of sponsorship strategy, from market analysis and portfolio planning all the way through to negotiation and rights acquisition.
We are thrilled to be recruiting a Commercial Strategy Executive to join the team and provide support across the full portfolio of commercial strategy clients.
Our ideal candidate would have a knowledge and passion of the business of sport, an understanding of commercial rights and previous experience in working on sponsorship strategy development for brands.
You will provide support to the wider commercial strategy team and be given the tools to grow your expertise and develop specialisms based on your skillset and key areas of interest.
This is a rare opportunity to join a specialist team within the Octagon business and work across a wide variety of clients and projects covering all areas of the sports industry.
Commercial Strategy Project Support
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Strategy and Commercial Strategy Manager across a wide range of client projects
- Being the point of contact within the agency for Octagon’s syndicated and proprietary research tools
- Researching and identifying new research tools and data sources
- Taking a central role in providing other relevant research and data to support all client projects
- Assisting with the preparation of client presentations
- Providing administrative support to the team
- Provide research and data support to the wider Octagon business across client requests and new business
The following are essential:
- Minimum 12-18 months experience within the sports industry in a research / commercially focused role
- Understanding of the commercial rights landscape and sponsorship rights in particular
- Experience in working on sponsorship strategy projects would be advantageous
- Strong research skills with experience of using syndicated databases and conducting desk top research
- Comfortable with data, strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to cultivate effective professional relationships with staff and partners at all levels
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, alongside organisational, time and project management skills
- Proactive attitude
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – unlimited holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme, Perkbox
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycleshceme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes unlimited holiday and flexible working options
We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression.
We’re the global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle-marketing arm of IPG. A collection of 800 fans bound by a single mission: To create work that earns attention.
HOW WE SEE THE WORLD
We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it.
Attention is either bought or it’s earned.
Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience listens to what you're saying.
At Octagon, our purpose is to create work that earns attention. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.