JOB / VP, AMERICAS
Futures Sport & Entertainment (Futures) - the global data, technology, and analytics consulting company that works in collaboration with the Octagon Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) - is growing rapidly in the US!
Founded in 2002, we’re a commercially-minded consultancy that thrives on providing many of the world’s most famous leagues, clubs, and sponsors with data-driven strategies to support their business objectives.
Our team works on projects covering more than 20 different sports in the United States, ranging from college basketball to eSports to the NFL. We are seeking a VP to continue our rapid growth in North America. Projects cover diverse areas including sponsorship optimization, cross-platform media consumption, and international expansion strategies.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
As VP, your time will be split between business development and servicing existing client work. Key responsibilities include:
- Drive new business to achieve increased revenue goals
- Distill client objectives and business needs into research-based solutions
- Identify top prospects for new business and working to grow existing relationships
- Lead a growing US team with operational support from an experienced Research Director who will manage the supporting team of data analysts
- Work with the US team to help them identify insights & implications that will be most important to the needs of the client and advising on career development
- Present reports, recommendations, and discussing business implications with clients
- Work collaboratively with the global leaders of Futures and other OSEN businesses on international projects with major international rights holders
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to understand complex technical analyses, and proven new business capabilities. While Futures is owned by Interpublic Group, it has taken the shape of a “start-up” venture here in the States, combining the benefits of an established organization with the opportunity of a rapidly expanding business.
- You have a proven ability to develop a targeted list of prospective clients and, ultimately, close new business
- You can manage the new business pitch process from initial briefing through to pitch delivery, pricing, and contract negotiation
- New opportunities will arise and you will need to quickly evaluate the opportunity, ask the right questions and quickly identify how Futures will be able to deliver a solution
- You will also work closely with the Director of Operations and the team of Futures analysts based in Connecticut and New York to guide client-centric analysis and storytelling context for junior team members
- A strong analytical thinker with 7+ years of experiences in business development
- Broadcast and/or digital media experience or sports/media research experience preferred
- An entrepreneurial personality with a “challenger” brand spirit and the desire to quickly grow the business
- Ability to “carry a room” with great presentation and interpersonal skills
- A love of sports and a genuine curiosity about the media/communications industry
- Prior proven success targeting, identifying, and acquiring new clients
- Possession of media and research industry contacts
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Unrestricted work authorization for the United States
Futures is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.