THE JOB / Digital Strategist
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients
Octagon is looking for a Digital Strategist to join our team. If you possess a balance of strategic and analytical abilities across the digital and social landscape, combined with trend-spotting and creative ideation, this is your next move!
As a Digital Strategist, you’ll build social and digital recommendations for Octagon clients in the sports sponsorship space alongside an award-winning group of digital marketers.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Use your expertise to brainstorm & develop digital media strategies designed to achieve client objectives and amplify brand sponsorships within sports & entertainment
- Craft savvy digital recommendations for client initiatives – including (but not limited to) social, programmatic media, media partnerships, audience targeting, and talent asset usage
- Collaborate with internal & external teams (media partners, talent, etc.) to develop marketing campaigns that are motivated by social and digital insights
- Measure campaigns and deliver meaningful insights to client partners on what is working and what can be optimized
- Create detailed recaps of campaign activations, providing clients with actionable results and recommendations
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of proven experience in digital/social strategy, preferably at a media agency working in a team environment
- Passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or lifestyle culture
- Proficiency in using first and third-party data, digital tools, industry benchmarks, and emerging trends to inform, create and implement digital strategies
- Background in media planning & buying, organic social media, and digital audience development – you can pinpoint brand-specific audiences and use digital tactics to develop user journeys that achieve client objectives (ex: awareness, engagement, web traffic, conversion, etc.)
- Ability to apply data-driven insights to inform future strategic recommendations
- You know and are creative – you can brainstorm innovative ideas and collaborate with creative and design teams to ensure creative outputs align with relevant digital channels
- You are an effective communicator – you possess strong proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint) and leverage each application for clear communication
- You are highly adaptive – sports is fast-paced and the ability to quickly & calmly pivot is critical
- You use the following to describe yourself – curious, a lover of details, energetic, persistent, organized, coachable
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.