Account Executive - Strategic Operations
Position Title: Account Executive, Strategic Operations
Location: Octagon UK, London
Contract type: Fixed Term
Total Contract Dates Now – 31 December 2022
Octagon is looking for an ambitious and highly motivated Account Executive to join a dynamic team to assist our hospitality and ticketing operations for a number of football properties including the Premiere League and the FA Cup. The role is a fixed term contract role and is ideal for someone with a passion for sports events and has 1 - 2 years of events of ticketing or event experience.
This role will put you in the centre of helping to deliver first-class experiences on behalf of a major global brand. If you have exceptional organisational skills, are a real team player, love sport and are passionate about what we do, then this could be the role for you.
You will be responsible for:
- Work with the team and the client on all aspects of ticketing operations, including ticket allocation and distribution systems, and working with the guest management system (GMS)
- Be fully aware of all ticketing systems and the ticketing regulations applicable to the client and the event
- Assist in the management of changes to any ticketing procedures or request alterations
- Account administration including ownership of status documents, inventory management and tracking
- Update the ticket database on an ongoing basis
- Assist in the development of the ticket systems manual
- Assist in producing compliance and financial reports
- Ensure all ticketing issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently and the right tickets are delivered to the right guests, on time and in a friendly, efficient manner
- Where necessary, provide clients with weekly ticketing reports
- Disseminate accurate information on ticketing issues as and when required
- Facilitate prize fulfilment through exceptional consumer engagement and flawless delivery
- Turning your hand to support the team deliver any other major event, doing it with a smile and learning on the way
This could be your next right move if:
- You are tech savvy and have experience dealing with data
- You pay attention to the details and anything worth doing is worth doing right every single time. You stay focused and nothing gets missed.
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You like learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative solutions to difficult challenges
- You thrive on working on a number of projects at any one time
- You like helping other people succeed. You enjoy teaching other people something and are a real team player
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You have a sense of humour
- You have strong skills in Power Point Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally
- You are happy to work weekends and the long hours during event time
It’s not essential but will really help if:
- You are fluent in any other languages
- Degree or equivalent qualifications
- Agency experience working in a similar role, ideally with experience in the hospitality and or travel arena.
- Interest in Football
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.