Account Trainee, Home Improvement Client, Pro B2B Events
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Pro B2B Events
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
The Account Trainee with assist the Account Team with the execution of Pro B2B/B2C experiential marketing events on behalf of a Home Improvement client! This position will help execute B2B events to engage their top tier Pro customers, where the Pro customers interact with Pro vendors and engage in activities centered around sports, hospitality and promoting the client’s brand! The Account Trainee will work closely with the internal Octagon team for the day-to-day management of the events, as well as managing external vendors and partners.
The Account Trainee will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with internal account team to help lead onsite event operations for golf and other hospitality B2B/B2C events
- Coordinate event execution, from planning to on-site set up and tear down
- Regular ongoing communication with the vendors to coordinate show/event needs
- Track and record event data, including participant information, post-event recaps, post-event surveys and field team feedback, etc.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Planning and execution of various on-site activities and operations (i.e. catering, golf and other activities, shipping, etc.)
- Writing event guidebooks, activation recaps and other event related documents
- Identify and manage outside vendors associated with implementing the overall projects/events
- Coordinate inventory of event materials (i.e. merchandise, signage assets, promotional materials, etc.)
- Liaise with internal Octagon teams and key client departments and client’s agency partners for related event needs
- Support additional Octagon accounts and/or projects as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- General understanding of events and sport, golf knowledge a plus
- Experience with event preparation and execution, ideally with hospitality events, tradeshows and/or other experiential events
- 1+ year’s work or internship experience in the marketing or advertising industries
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems effectively and independently
- Ability and comfort level to connect with business executives in an event setting
- A sense of business process and how marketing, communications, and events are used to impact the bottom line and drive brand objectives
- Ability to maintain relationships with key vendors and partners (e.g. venues, properties, suppliers, etc.)
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our client’s industry, brand and product offerings
- Willingness and flexibility to travel extensively (up to 50% at times) and work weekend/holidays as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.