Senior Manager, Influencer Marketing
THE JOB / Senior Manager, Influencer Marketing
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Octagon, the world’s premier global sports marketing agency, is seeking a Senior Manager, Influencer Marketing to join its digital strategy practice.
In this role, you'll lead our Influencer practice including talent discovery, influencer strategy, campaign management, social content strategy, and measurement for our brand clients.
Do you want to join an award-winning group of digital strategists, analysts, and content creators to develop talent-based programs that capitalize on media trends, authentically engage with fans, and drive brand objectives by working across clients to deliver influencer campaigns, aligning talent recommendations with sports partnerships? If so, this role is for you!
The work you’ll do
- Lead the development and execution of influencer strategies for Octagon brand clients, while also driving Octagon's influencer measurement suite: including modeling, establishing Key Performance Indicators, demographics analysis, measurement, calculating return on investment, and real-time reporting
- Management, support, and training of five teammates. Operationalize and establish processes for scaling the Influencer marketing practice at Octagon
- Develop influencer creative briefs for campaigns ranging from experiential to seeding, making recommendations to both clients and influencers and confidently pitch concepts to clients & partners
- Drive innovative short-form content strategies across all social mediums: video, motion graphic, animation, still, and text
- Simultaneously lead multiple projects relying on strong project management and organizational skills. Oversee timelines and onsite operations, content capture, approvals, and timely posting of all influencer content
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 6+ years of relevant experience in influencer strategy and/or social media content
- A passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture as well as a finger on the pulse of what’s trending in social & digital content – what’s resonating with fans, what platforms are growing, what content matters to fans
- A natural communicative leader. You have experience leading a team of multiple individuals who report to you.
- Deep understanding of the social media mechanics and performance marketing across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and Reddit
- Experience in talent procurement with a base knowledge of industry-standard pricing for influencer hires & experience negotiating rates with talent, agents, managers, etc.
- Experience in forecasting critical metrics and benchmarks as it relates to the proposed influencer strategy
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated understanding of storytelling across social. Excellent social media copywriting skills
- An organized and active contributor – you know how to keep everything on task and manage timing expectations and communication of project tracking
- You understand the way to create extraordinary work is to build tight-knit relationships internally and with clients; You love working collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.