Senior Manager, Digital Media
THE JOB / Senior Manager, Digital Media
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Are you an inventive creator of digital media and marketing campaigns with measurable returns on objectives? We’re searching for a Senior Manager of Digital Media to join our team!
If you possess strong strategic and analytical abilities in the digital/social space, combined with trend-spotting and creative ideation, this is your next move!
You’ll join an award-winning group of digital strategists, analysts, and content creators to develop and deliver digital & social media campaigns, using sports sponsorships to drive measurable results across an impressive client roster.
This role will consist of evaluating client objectives through the lens of digital and social media, and determining the best platforms, partnerships, and content solutions to achieve these goals. You will lead the execution and measurement of new and ongoing campaigns – exhibiting initiative, organization & time management. You are a great teammate and able to work collaboratively across several internal teams and collaborators. You will be relied upon as a digital expert at the agency – identifying the trends & strategies that reach specific fanbases.
The work you’ll do
- Craft savvy recommendations and execute digital campaigns – including (but not limited to) paid social, programmatic media buying, media partnerships, audience targeting, and measurement strategies
- Provide recommendations on how best to apply sponsorship assets to drive brand goals and amplify activations using sponsorship partner & talent assets
- Confidently pitch concepts to clients & partners and develop creative content ideas that ladder up to client objectives
- Liaise with internal digital media team members to develop targeting & distribution recommendations
- Measure campaigns and deliver inventive insights to clients on what is working and what can be optimized
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects relying on strong project management and organizational skills
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in digital/social media buying, preferably at a media agency
- Advanced proficiency with media buying (both media partnerships & activating paid media on social platforms), programmatic buying tactics, and audience development strategies (Google, Adobe, etc.)
- You have a finger on the pulse of what’s trending in social & digital content – what’s resonating with fans, what platforms are growing, what content matters to fans – and a passion for/expertise in sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Uncover and strategically apply relevant audience and market trends that you uncover from social listening
- Synthesize raw data to develop insights and concrete recommendations – you’re advanced in Excel, and can distill numbers down into an aesthetically pleasing PowerPoint
- You’re organized – you know how to keep everything on task and manage timing expectations and communication of project tracking
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.