Account Manager, US Olympic Sponsorship
THE JOB / Account Manager, US Olympic Sponsorship
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Are you a collaborative self-starter looking for your next opportunity as an agency lead helping to leverage a high-profile and long-term Olympic & Paralympic sponsorship activation program? Do you work well autonomously, while still being able to chip into the overall team environment? We are looking for an Account Manager to collaborate on strategic consulting, development, planning and execution for our client’s Team USA partnership!
In this role, you'll work with our account leads to develop and implement marketing programs that support our client’s Olympic & Paralympic domestic sponsorship rights! Our Account Manager will work closely with our clients to connect the dots in a complex organization, while also being able to project handle and implement tactical programs.
The ideal candidate would be a confident project manager and multi-tasker who thinks on your feet, takes initiative, identifies and solves problems independently, finds creative solutions, and keeps programs on track across multiple partners (agency and client). If you've had experience with crafting, creating and delivering presentations, you'll be ahead of the curve. Excellent attention to detail, communication and client management skills required.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support property and client teams for planning and execution of Olympic & Paralympic marketing programs
- Run client’s Olympic & Paralympic approval management system
- Lead all aspects of overall project management including timelines, project management tool, budget templates and agency integration
- Lead key meetings with internal & external constituents and outside vendors including driving the agenda, facilitating the discussion and clarifying next steps
- Serve as liaison for development and implementation of Olympic & Paralympic athlete programs and on-site appearances at events as necessary
- Support strategic development of client’s Olympic & Paralympic sponsorship platform and develop concepts for activation planning
- Provide POVs and recommendations for activation opportunities
- Lead development of Olympic & Paralympic marketing toolkit and Games sponsorship reports
- Oversee quality control of all deliverables
- Other related duties, as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Strategic, forward-thinking, organized, proactive and creative
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years’ agency/client service/experience in project management and execution
- Knowledge of and/or experience in Olympic Games or other major sponsorship properties
- Shown success working across a combination of strategic, logistical and tactical projects
- Experience leading partner relationships including vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Experience handling and maintaining budgets
- Previous collaborative experience with internal and/or external groups and agencies, especially in other countries
- Self-starter who will take initiative with new projects and work with a variety of people
- Desire and confidence to present materials to clients
- Proven ability to effectively problem tackle and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly and expertly
- “No job is too small” demeanor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Flexible and passionate about traveling; weekend/holiday work as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.