Analyst, Media Rights Consulting
THE JOB / Analyst, Media Rights Consulting
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
The primary responsibility of the Analyst, Octagon Media Rights Consulting (MRC), will be to support the MRC business across various broadcast and digital media data analytics projects, data visualization deliverables, and overall business unit administration tasks. Octagon MRC advises leagues, teams, and private capital companies across the world in the areas of media rights valuations, media rights packaging strategies, and negotiations.
The Analyst will be tasked with sourcing media-related data (viewership, social media, TMT sector economics, primary research, etc.) from existing Octagon data sources and from the public domain. Additionally, the Analyst will need to manipulate large data sets and run various quantitative analyses to derive actionable insights.
The ability to translate analysis into easy-to-under visualizations (charts, tables, etc.) for use within client presentations is a key requirement of this position. This role will provide exposure to sports leagues and their media rights from across the world, and offer a window into how some of the most important sports rights deals are analyzed and negotiated.
Who we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of experience working with Nielsen, Comscore, or similar media consumption data & reporting
- Rich experience manipulating large and sophisticated datasets within MS Excel, SQL, or other similar programs
- Experience with data segmentation, longitudinal, and forecasting analyses
- You have a passion for and expertise in media and business analytics – specifically related to sports
- Insatiable curiosity to self-educate about various global sports and media sectors
- A self-starter with a strong analytical background and a “challenger” brand mentality and a genuine desire to quickly grow the business
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit, as well as the ability to collaborate with Octagon colleagues
- Ability to understand clients’ commercial needs as they intersect with sports media, fan engagement, and consumer media trends.
- Experience in Strategy Consulting or Finance is preferred but not required
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, sports properties, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.