Account Director, Financial Services Client – Brand Campaigns
THE JOB / Account Director, Brand Campaigns (Financial Services Client)
Do you consider yourself an experiential specialist?
Are you especially skilled with running multiple experiential programs ranging from Golf and Motorsports to CSR events?
If you have deep knowledge of the experiential space and are a forward-thinking leader eager to join an innovative, dynamic team; this opportunity is for you! Our team is searching for a dedicated and hardworking Account Director to lead a cross-functional team with the goal of producing world-class experiences.
But what will I do? Happy you asked. It’s all about the Experiences! You’ll lead a team in developing a spectrum of activations across our client’s motorsports program, local market partnerships and impactful CSR initiatives. You’ll deliver a collection of experiences that embody our client’s brand while harnessing the uniqueness and spirit of each event.
We are looking for a future leader who possess the “It Factor”, understands every aspect of crafting compelling brand experiences and working well with a larger collaborative team. This Account Director effectively demonstrates an intuitive eye for working with partners, leading a team and delivering word class client service within a fast-paced environment. You’ll be an indispensable and valuable resource to the Branded Experiences team and our client’s business.
The Account Director will report into the Group Director and oversee a team of two.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead and empower project teams on multiple programs across motorsports and CSR initiatives.
- Work closely with our Client Services team to develop experiential activation plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Work closely with your team and colleagues to broadly lead the management of consumer facing programming – including vendor management, logistical planning, budget management, event execution and recapping
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events including vendor vetting and selection, contract review and negotiation and requisite event activation plans and supporting communication documents (i.e. Work Plans, Event Overviews, Event Guides, etc.)
- Implement management routines and protocols to foster an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review, and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
- Manage quality control of client facing communications and project management materials
- Develop relationships with clients as a trusted advisor; while driving business/projects forward
- Lead all aspects of employee career development across the team
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
- Other Administrative and related duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports – motorsports and golf specifically – cause, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7-10 years work experience in experiential marketing
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively and effectively, through both written and verbal mediums
- Think of yourself as a people leader who is invested in the success of the team first
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to make valuable contributions with every interaction
- A proactive, critical thinker who thrives when the pressure is on
- Not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. You take initiative. No task is too big or too small
- Able to prioritize multiple projects with ease, manage deadlines, coordinate key timelines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Exhibit emotional intelligence and can adapt to working with various personalities
- Results driven and able to work independently
- Detail oriented with outstanding organization skills and maintain that standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- Demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are absolutely reliable and trustworthy
- Can lead client meetings, staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time and on budget
- Can empower others, driving team to success
- Have the ability to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- Provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.