Account Manager, Experiences (Golf - Luxury Auto Client)
THE JOB / Account Manager, Experiences (Golf - Luxury Automotive Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Octagon is looking for an Account Manager to play an integral role in the management and implementation of a robust golf sponsorship portfolio across PGA TOUR and LPGA tournaments, amateur golf tournaments, resort partnerships, and media platforms for a luxury automotive client.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who has a passion for golf, is a strategic thinker with the ability to develop creative concepts, and is ready to learn what it means to be part of a best-in-class partnership, influencing every part of the process along the way!
We are looking for an Account Manager with excellent organizational skills, a strong background in brand marketing and event management, and boasts strong team dynamics skills, a positive attitude, and an eye for detail.
You will interact daily with our corporate client, various departments & divisions, global client counterparts, partners, and agencies/vendors in support of their golf initiatives. This position requires an individual who is collaborative, proactive and can not only “see the big picture” but decipher the details along the way.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers is top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
The work you’ll do
- Maximize the value of the golf sponsorships/programs through operations, strategy, planning, promotion, implementation, and measurement/evaluation
- Serve as a reliable agency contact for client sponsorship team, internal client departments, and agency partners
- Responsible for implementation of operational and tactical sponsorship activations including branding, buildout, product integration, and messaging
- Ensure contractual compliance of sponsorship assets
- Develop, sell in, and lead activation programs and sponsorship initiatives
- Create recaps, event itineraries, and staff plans
- Build, manage, and reconcile budgets along with providing client budget updates along each step of the process.
- Lead guest management and communication initiatives
- Supervision of a team and onsite staff at events
- Contribute to the overall account and new projects
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field
- A passion for and experience in sports, entertainment, event management, and/or hospitality
- Experience with professional/amateur golf tournaments and/or event management
- Experience in account and vendor management, can clearly present ideas, offer creative solutions, and address challenges/obstacles head-on
- You are willing and eager to go above and beyond, help teammates, coachable, curious, inquisitive, flexible, and multi-faceted
- Prior experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies, and vendors
- Ability to juggle numerous projects and tasks simultaneously and consistently deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines and when under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability and flexibility to travel (15-20%), including weekends Must be available to be on-site in early August 2022
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.