THE JOB / Analyst, Strategy
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Are you looking to join a team that drives decision-making on sponsorship portfolios across sports, music, and entertainment? Do you want to help devise smart, forward-thinking sponsorship strategies rooted in industry trends?
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Strategist to support our team in the development of recommendations that guide sponsorship and marketing decisions.
The right person for this role will be able to analyze data, leverage consumer trends, and identify relevant insights as part of effectively presenting recommendations to our clients. This person should be innovative, analytical, and resourceful, with the ability to tackle unique problems quickly. This person will support projects across multiple clients, so it is important that you are someone who can manage your time efficiently across multiple projects.
The work you’ll do
- Develop insights from quantitative and qualitative data sources
- Assist with – and at times lead – all phases of sponsorship valuations, including research, data modeling, analysis, and production of client presentations
- Analyze and interpret survey results, and build data-driven reports and presentations that effectively communicate insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional research and analytics teams
- Perform tasks and responsibilities with conscientiousness to produce high-quality, accurate results
- Aid in the continuing evolution of Octagon’s sponsorship valuation offering
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of meaningful experience, sponsorship experience a plus
- You are analytical and inquisitive by nature with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant trends in consumer, content, and sports landscapes
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of modern marketing strategies (content, social, experiential)
- Client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving abilities
- Someone who enjoys getting their hands dirty in the data and has experience in working with syndicated databases, primary research, or other data analysis
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.