Account Director, Client Services (Payment Services Client, Global Sponsorship Marketing/Ambassadors/Rugby
THE JOB / Account Director, Client Services (Payment Services Client, Global Sponsorship Marketing/Ambassadors/Rugby
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
Our client is an award winning Payment Services brand known for their iconic marketing initiatives. Their sponsorship programming covers a wide variety of ambassadors, properties, and segments, showcasing their diversity and market strength. We are searching for an Account Director and Client Services specialist who will be responsible for running key global sports partnerships and contributing to the future growth of the client’s sponsorship portfolio. This position will have a strong focus on women’s sports, rugby, DEI, athletes & personalities. The role is a balance between relationship building and sponsorship marketing integration, working alongside our clients and their partners to enhance a large portfolio of sponsorship assets through creative concept development, interagency integration and collaboration for our client’s sponsorship portfolio and initiatives.
You should have experience leading and activating major sponsorship and ambassador partnerships, coupled with a customer-centric approach and possess the social savvy required to work across multiple marketing teams. This position is best suited for a candidate inspired by working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds!
If you are looking to work in the epicenter of sports marketing and sponsorship consulting with a blue-chip client and a true partner, consider this opportunity!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Continuously elevate and expand client’s strategy and demonstrable impact with key women’s ambassador and property partnerships across various passions
- Redesign a better world for women through the power of sponsorships and marketing
- Take a lead role in the governance of global agency and client teams to optimize a diverse portfolio of 60+ ambassador partnerships
- Forge, lead and grow day-to-day partnerships with including rugby ambassadors, Rugby World Cup (women’s & men’s), Women in Rugby and WXV
- Help identify, analyze, navigate, and negotiate sponsorship marketing opportunities for clients
- Collaborate and lead the development and execution of integrated sponsorship activations, initiatives and campaigns leveraging client’s sponsorship and ambassador portfolio
- Cultivate and handle positive client relationships
- Become an authority on the our clients’ business and the evolution of the Financial Services category
- Lead the development and creation of senior executive presentations, strategy documents, competitive reports, best practice guides and case studies across client’s global partner network
- Lead and mentor junior team members
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Want to change the world through sponsorships
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 8+ years’ experience working with global sports & entertainment properties, leagues, teams/clubs, ambassadors and/or influencers
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Have proven success building and maintaining trusted client and partner relationships
- Have experience in developing successful global integrated sponsorship activations, initiatives and campaigns
- As a born leader, you appreciate the finer points of coaching, guiding, and mentoring staff and teams
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Organization skills and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, are outstanding
- Not sure we have to say it, but we will - computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are important
- Someone who loves working in sponsorship since it requires you to travel (domestic & international), work weekends, and untraditional hours
- Payment Services industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.