Account Executive, Event Production
THE JOB / Account Executive, Event Production
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you enjoy attending exciting events, traveling, and experiencing the next big thing?
Do you have an eye for detail, always looking for better, more efficient solutions?
If you are a quick study looking to jump start your career in sports and experience marketing, this opportunity is for you! Our team is searching for an Account Executive to join our event production team. Simply put, we take creative ideas and bring them to life on-site at events and brand activations.
The AE will be a key member of a collaborative team that plans and executes events. As an Account Executive, you will create planning documents, work with partners and vendors, manage logistics, and interact with consumers on-site.
Still with us? Cool. Because in this role, no two days will be the same. You will work with a variety of teams and on multiple projects throughout each year. We are looking for someone that is eager to try something new, dig in and work through complexity while having a lot fun along the way!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support the event production team managing and implementing branded events and consumer activations
- Learn the in’s and out’s of experience marketing and event production in the sports and entertainment fields
- Develop planning documents, track event assets, build guidebooks prior to the event
- Interact with consumers, direct temporary staff, and own certain elements on-site during events
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation while providing research as needed
- Maintain databases of venues, vendors, and contacts for the team
- Travel and support programs and events as needed
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, live events, and experience marketing
- 0-2 years of event planning or project management work experience preferred
- A desire to learn, explore, and embrace new experiences
- Solution-oriented approach, offering answers or recommendations to challenges
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and overlapping timelines
- Ability to work well within a team dynamic
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Excellent personal prioritization and organizational skills
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel for work
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.