Director, Strategy (Luxury Automotive Client)
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing CRM and data strategies for a luxury automotive client.
** Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates.**
We are looking for a data-driven Director, Strategy who can lead the planning, implementation, and execution of all initiatives for national events for our luxury automotive client.
We will look to you to identify the right audiences for our client's programs and to leverage the right channels to reach them. You will build out a registration process that works for the event and allows us to report on all KPIs. And you will be insightful – reporting is one thing, but insights drive the business forward!
This role will not only manage a core team of five people but also lead these initiatives across all client programs. You will work with colleagues, clients, vendors, partners, and anyone else to get the job done right. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for data and analytics, enjoys working in a team environment on a variety of programs, and has a background in client services.
The work you’ll do
- Lead a multi-functional internal team of six people that consists of CRM, digital strategy, and creative
- Serve as point of contact for all clients and agency partners
- Develop audience criteria and segmentation plan while determining the best outreach channels (email, social, etc.) to reach all targets
- Oversee the design and development of all online creative assets through an in-house team
- Build tailored measurement and learning plans that allow client programs to define, understand, and optimize their offerings
- Ensure integrity of consumer data, and always adhere to the best privacy practices to protect data
- Oversee all timelines and ensure team members meet all deadlines
- Identify best practices, update event archives and business practices documents, and find opportunities to streamline procedures
Who we’re looking for
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience. Experience in project management, event strategy, business analytics, and/or CRM database management roles is a plus
- Passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music, and/or celebrity culture
- Organized and able to effectively and efficiently manage projects – you know how to keep everything on task and have keen attention to follow-through
- Acute attention to detail, understanding the importance of accuracy, as much of the work is consumer and client-facing
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- A strong multi-tasker with an impressive work ethic, persistence, and thoroughness
- Creative thinker who’s agile and dynamic based on changing category and client dynamics
- Ability to travel – 15%
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.