Senior Account Executive, Hospitality (Luxury Auto Client)
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Hospitality (Luxury Auto Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA or Los Angeles, CA. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person to join our skilled and dynamic Hospitality Team. This SAE will help lead and run multiple projects while getting involved in exciting programs with various clients. This position will get a broad view of Octagon’s offices and clients while assisting with a variety of elite events. If collecting frequent flyer miles excites you, this job is for you! In this outstanding role, your principal responsibilities will include pre-event communication and planning, online registration management, on-site staffing, post-event communication, and reporting. You will be working with a team that is committed to providing a flawless, white-glove hospitality experience to our clients. With the team located across a few Octagon offices, you will have broad exposure to the hospitality industry with a tremendous potential to learn and gain hands-on experience.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans, and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
The work you’ll do
- Assist with event planning, on-site activation, and post-event wrap-up for various hospitality programs
- Handle online guest registration system and database
- Handle templates and acquire invitee information from various clients
- Budget creation, management, reconciliation, and recap
- Creation of personalized itineraries for various events (i.e., golf, football, private events, entertainment)
- Co-lead all weekly status calls and other key meetings with both internal and external constituents
- Handle all logistics to include, but not limited to, décor, lodging, transportation, food and beverage, production services, and celebrity appearances
- Create and provide current status and budget reports for client usage (e.g., invitation status, golf pairings, dinners, activities, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute event status meeting notes, execution guides, staff implementation guides
- Handle event results reporting and wrap-up report development
- General account management and assistance with client requests
- Supervise on-site temporary staff at event activations
- Weekend/holiday work as needed
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years of experience in related events field; past hospitality experience preferred
- People may have accused you of being diligent; you’re so organized that an unorganized folder or inbox gives you hives
- A great teammate who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- Considers yourself a self-starter - able to balance multiple projects on tight target dates simultaneously
- Forms effective links with clients; You are flexible and adaptable in working with various personalities
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story; we like to laugh
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Thrives under pressure and is outstanding at problem solving; offering creative solutions (though you will always have help, your mantra is: I will figure it out!)
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and embrace new challenges (there will be plenty of last-minute client requests)
- Passion for sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture will make you a good Octagon fit
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite; particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Had experience handling a budget and Excel doesn’t scare you
- Though not a requirement, a second language is a plus
- A jetsetter; your bags are packed and you are excited at the idea of travel (approx. 35%)
- You can work weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.