Account Trainee, Team Sports Sponsorship, Integrated Marketing
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Team Sports Sponsorship, Integrated Marketing
Integrated Marketing / Responsible for supporting Octagon’s client business and day-to-day support of client programs.
We’re looking for our new Account Trainee who will support the implementation of a robust U.S. baseball sponsorship portfolio and MLS team for a major payment systems client! This position will be part of a team responsible for the planning, execution, and activation of all client events and promotions on an ongoing basis.
Responsibilities include managing administrative documents, property management support, event management (both on-site and virtual), and return on investment tracking/reporting, all while proactively contributing to the overall account and new projects. The ideal candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will collaborate with various internal teams and divisions, client partners/vendors, consumers, and clients. Strong team dynamic skills, time management, excellent organizational skills, and great interpersonal skills are required for this position.
This position offers an opportunity to be exposed to top client service work including account management, client engagement, and event planning while having the ability to participate in brainstorming sessions, work with budgets/Excel, create presentations (PowerPoint) and learn valuable research/competitive analysis skills.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support account team in enhancing the value of the sponsorships/programs through planning, implementation, and measurement/evaluation
- Assist with ticket/inventory processing, vendor management, and property research
- Assist with planning and execution of event marketing programs
- Oversee website-driven partnership content/offers with property partners
- Consumer Engagement - serve as a marketing ambassador and effectively and enthusiastically communicate brand initiatives and/or product offerings to consumers/fans
- Create recap documents for events including key takeaways, strengths, weaknesses, and recommendations
- Manage documents such as status reports, tracking documents, meeting notes, and event specific offer creation documents
- Handle select special projects and work closely with account team to determine best approach to each project
- Provide administrative support and staffing for other account programs as needed
- Manage on-site events and experiences in market and virtually
- Other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in sports management, marketing or related field
- Experience in the communications, advertising or marketing industries. Previous event marketing experience a strong plus
- Desire to learn and develop a career in sports & entertainment or experiential marketing
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients’ industry, brand and product offering
- Attentive to detail; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while producing quality work within strict timeframes
- Self-starter with an ability to be proactive and jump in wherever needed
- Proven skill to work with a team, while also able to solve problems effectively and independently
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” approach
- Ability to take direction and run with it
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). Presentation or public speaking experience a plus
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, and willingness to learn
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to travel as needed, as well as night and weekend work
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.