We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced, energetic Account Director to work on one of the world’s biggest sports events, the Rugby World Cup, for one of our key clients. This could be the perfect role for you if you have exceptional project management skills, are a real team player and have an interest in working with a global team and clients in different countries and cultures.
A love of sports and particularly rugby is not a prerequisite – a passionate marketer is our priority – but this could also be great opportunity for you to apply your personal interests and passions to your work.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Day-to-day account management of one of the agencies’ longest standing clients
- Collaboration across multiple departments and with the client’s marketing and business units across three continents to develop promotional campaigns and ensure product integration
- Rights holder liaison and communication
- Management of third-party suppliers
- Team management responsibilities – leading and working with Account Managers
- Creative utilization and delivery of sponsorship assets
- Preparation of strategy, operational briefing and reporting documentation
- Working with in-house studio and production teams to bring to life conceptual ideas
- Development of consumer activations and promotions (digital/social media, sales/merchant, cross- promotions with other sponsors, etc.)
- Delivery, management, and execution of international promotions and programmes
THIS COULD BE YOUR NEXT RIGHT MOVE IF:
- You thrive as part of a big team
- You enjoy a clear two-year pathway to sink your teeth into a global project
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You pay attention to the detail
- You can think strategically, globally, and long term
- You are adaptable to working remotely, with people in different countries and continents
- You enjoy solving problems and finding creative, incremental solutions to challenges
- You can collaborate across marketing disciplines, departments, and time zones
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE:
- Experience or knowledge of working with sponsorship properties (campaigns or traditional event activations)
- Previous work on campaigns in rugby or financial services would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
- Solid agency experience working in a similar role
- Major event experience would be a bonus
- French language skills would be a bonus
- High level PowerPoint Skills, Excel and Outlook and a confidence to present internally and externally.
We’re pleased to offer wide range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Core benefits (available from start date) – flexible holiday allowance, AXA private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, pension scheme with 4.5% employer contribution, Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible benefits (available after probation) – Gymflex, dental insurance, travel insurance, health cash plan, Cycle scheme, interest-free season ticket loans
- A Flexible Workplace – we have a number of initiatives in place to ensure that our team have the flexibility to balance work with their lives, this includes flexible holiday allowance and flexible working options
- We also run a number of internal programmes to support physical and mental wellbeing, alongside learning and development opportunities to support career development and progression.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.