Account Trainee, Luxury Automotive, Golf
THE JOB / Account Trainee
The primary responsibility of this position is to support client engagement programs on behalf of a luxury automotive manufacturer. Potential responsibilities include: assisting with the planning and execution of the client's golf sponsorships, including a PGA TOUR title sponsorship, as well as the client’s other golf platforms. This individual will be involved in preparation in the months leading up to several professional golf events and will then travel into market to assist with the implementation of our onsite strategy at select events!
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will collaborate with various internal teams and divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. Strong team-dynamic skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position.
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn account management, client engagement, vendor management, event planning, experiential strategy, on-site logistics and event activation skills! This position will also allow you to be included in brainstorming sessions, work with budgets/excel, create presentations (PowerPoint) and learn valuable research/analysis skills.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support account team across multiple programs and various initiatives, with a focus on PGA TOUR title sponsorship
- Assist with planning of CRM strategy and management of digital assets/systems
- Support the management of the marketing vehicle fleet throughout the year
- Help plan and implement onsite tournament branding
- Provide support for the planning and implementation of onsite tournament consumer experiences
- Collaborate with vendors to secure event assets and services
- Manage consumer inquiries regarding tournament
- Assist with preparing presentations for domestic and international clients
- Manage documents: status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation
- Handle select special projects and other duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for sports, entertainment, event management, and/or hospitality
- Previous event marketing experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 0-1 year’s work or internship experience in the communications, advertising or marketing industries
- Desire to learn and develop a career in sports & entertainment or experiential marketing
- Knowledge, experience and interest in the game of golf is a plus
- Capacity to become knowledgeable in our clients’ industry, brand, and product offering
- Attentive to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within strict timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). A writing assignment may be part of the hiring process
- You take initiative and solve problems independently without manager supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to travel extensively including weekends and holidays, and work non-traditional work hours
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- All applicants will need to provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.