Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Team Sports Partnerships (Health and Wellness Client)
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
How strong are your partnership management skills? Are you a team player who understands that success is all in the details? We’re looking for an Account Executive to support our health & wellness client’s NBA league and team partnerships. As a key member of the account team, you will support the management and implementation of the client’s sponsorship portfolio! The position will involve strategic development and planning, account management, marketing promotion/activation, event management with on-site support, and post-event/program reporting. Get ready to grow your sports marketing skills to their fullest potential in this unique opportunity!
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support day to day partnership management, including client and partner relationships, by tracking and streamlining account work
- Ensure the successful execution of events and other sponsorship programs through detailed planning and on-site support
- Lead daily relationships with outside vendors/3rd parties to secure the best possible results for the client
- Foster employee engagement efforts across each partnership
- Lead the account team with our daily functions, like meeting agendas and notes
- Track health and wellness activation trends and competitor NBA partnerships and activation activity
- Support budget tracking and timely reporting
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in sports, entertainment, celebrity & lifestyle culture and/or live events, with a desire to learn more
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1+ years of experience, preferably within either the entertainment, sports sponsorship, or event marketing industries
- Experience working across a combination of strategic, logistical, and tactical projects
- Knowledge of partner relationships including team partners, vendors, suppliers, and assets
- You can provide solid examples of your ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express your thoughts clearly and effectively
- You know there is no “I” in team; no job is too small for you to pitch in, or take on
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- You understand that working for an agency means travel and working weekends/holidays as needed
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.