Account Director, Experiences (Luxury Auto Client)
THE JOB / Account Director
This role serves as the day-to-day lead for professional and amateur golf marketing programs for our luxury automotive clients. You will learn what it means to be part of a best-in-class partnership, influencing every part of the process along the way. You will interact daily with our corporate client, various departments & divisions, global client counterparts, partners, and agencies/vendors in support of their golf initiatives.
We are looking for an Account Director with strong project, and client, management skills, who knows how to develop annual marketing plans that deliver against sponsorship strategies & objectives, has the ability to create and execute complex program details and budgets, and the desire to contribute to long term strategic planning and other project deliverables. Strong team dynamics skills, a positive attitude, an eye for detail, excellent organizational skills, and some golf knowledge are required for this position.
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn the business of golf by working with various golf organizations, subject matter experts, and established partners within the space. You will become an expert in luxury product brand positioning while working alongside teammates that are passionate about what they do!
The work you’ll do
- Maximize the value of the sponsorships/programs through strategy, planning, concept development, promotion, implementation, and measurement/evaluation
- Lead and grow key relationships including top global golf governing bodies, tournament host organizations, and vendor partners, as well as build strong relationships and partnerships with various marketing teams, internal client stakeholders, brand ambassadors, and client agencies
- Responsible for program development, supervision, and implementation of operational and tactical sponsorship activations including but not limited to:
- Development of year-long activation plan based on annual client objectives and contractual deliverables
- Lead day to day property relationships with tournament host organizations
- Provide tournament management and execution consisting of branding, buildout, product integration, and messaging
- Conception & execution of year-long programming to support client objectives including resort partners, grassroots programming, and content creation
- Support national media and CRM Strategy/Development/Fulfillment
- Proactively lead engagement with Internal communications, Social Media, Advertising, Media, Digital team, and more with regards to Golf sponsorship
- Budget management and financial reporting for areas of responsibility
- Provide oversight for the account team’s day-to-day activities and quality control for all client-facing materials
- Oversee the management and professional development of the account team and provide training and career development opportunities
- Provide general support to efforts related to the brand and potentially other Octagon clients and programs
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, event management, and/or hospitality
- Bachelor’s degree 8+ years experience in related field
- You are ready to be the client’s go-to person, who has excellent account management, can clearly present ideas, offer creative solutions, and address challenges/obstacles head-on
- Prior experience serving as a liaison between client and other partners, both internal and external, with the ability to become the client relationship and brand gatekeeper
- Wants a seat at the table to contribute to high-level thought leadership and creative concepts, while leading teams to get into the details in order to deliver on the vision
- Understands what it means to become an expert on client’s brand
- Ability to juggle a number of projects and tasks simultaneously and consistently deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines and when under pressure
- Proficient in directing, reviewing, and providing quality control on deliverables prepared by outside vendors
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.