Director, Influencer Marketing
THE JOB / Director, Influencer Marketing
STRATEGY / Responsible for developing and executing investment recommendations for our clients.
***Our headquarters is located in Stamford, CT, but the location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in one of our office locations - - Stamford, CT, New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA or Atlanta, GA. We will also consider a remote based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Octagon, the world’s premier global sports marketing agency, is seeking a Director, Influencer Marketing to join its digital strategy practice!
In this role, you'll lead influencer strategy, campaign management, social content strategy, and measurement for brand clients at Octagon. The ideal candidate has a growth mentality with deep knowledge of influencer trends, media valuation, and the current social media landscape.
You'll work cross-functionally with the Talent Procurement, Creative, Production, Digital Strategy, and Integrated Marketing teams. Strong relationship-building skills are essential along with the ability to develop a team while getting into the weeds to get the job done.
If you are equally comfortable with developing insights and strategic rationale as well as creative and innovative social media content strategies, this may be your next move!
This position will lead a division that is poised for significant growth in 2022.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead the development and execution of influencer strategies for Octagon brand clients
- Operationalize and establish processes for scaling the Influencer marketing practice at Octagon
- Own the Octagon influencer measurement suite: including modeling, establishing Key Performance Indexes, demographics analysis, measurement, calculating return on investment, and real-time reporting
- Develop influencer creative briefs for campaigns ranging from experiential to seeding, making recommendations to both clients and influencers
- Management, support, and training of two teammates: a strategist and analyst. Be responsible for the hiring process as the team expands
- Drive innovative short-form content strategies across all social mediums: video, motion graphic, animation, still, and text
- Stay informed on social platforms and legal updates. Ensure the team is compliant across all legal requirements, privacy, brand, and platform restrictions
- Oversee timelines and onsite operations, content capture, approvals, and timely posting of all influencer content
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6-10 years of meaningful experience in social media content and/or influencer strategy
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Deep understanding of the social media mechanics and performance marketing across Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, and Reddit
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated understanding of storytelling across social
- Excellent social media copywriting skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up, attention to detail
- Base knowledge of industry-standard pricing for influencer hires
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.