Senior Account Executive, Talent Industry Client
THE JOB / Senior Account Executive, Talent Industry Client
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Love developing events and unique experiences? Is high-end and B2B hosting and hospitality a passion point for you?
Love solving problems and bringing unique experiences to life?
Are you looking for that next challenge as you build your career in experiential marketing? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
But what will I do? Glad you asked. You’ll support a team in developing and implementing innovative experiential activations for our clients’ B2B event programming! This SAE will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of hosting and hospitality experiences, both virtual and in-person.
Still with us? Cool. Because we need a Star to join our team! The ideal candidate is one who thrives within a team environment, is passionate about learning and getting better every day, creating cool experiences, thrives in a dynamic pace, loves details and takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done. You will be reporting to the Account Director.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed across a variety of B2B and B2C events
- Serve as point-person for event activations, including virtual engagements and in-person events
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of client’s content topics, priorities and business initiatives
- Research and deliver unique event engagement and talent suggestions as part of the overall team
- Prepare important event documents including detailed event guides, communication templates, agendas, meeting notes, run of shows and post event recaps
- Track event results and develop insights and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative results
- Coordinate projects with vendors – including production and gifting - and internal Octagon resources as needed
- Coordination and training with our account and client teams to provide back-end support and communication to guests and reporting to clients
- Effectively facilitate communication between clients and partners
- Work with vendors to secure merchandise and other event services/supplies
- Support for overall account management, including budget tracking and vendor payments
- Become a trusted resource for clients
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, POVs, property research, etc.
- Domestic event travel may be required throughout the year, including nights and week
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Has a passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Truly believe that no job is too small or too big
- Has a can-do demeanor and willing to succeed and learn
- A standout colleague who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- Enjoys coming up with fun ideas and bringing them to life
- Curious, coachable and desire to learn in a fast-paced work environment
- A sense of humor and the ability to tell a good story (we like to laugh)
- Thrives under pressure and are exceptional at problem solving and offering creative solutions
- A go-getter, you demonstrate initiative and take-on new challenges
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Communicates effectively, both oral and written with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred, but not required
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend travel
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.