Contract Dates: November 2021 – July 2022
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Events & Hospitality Manager to join us on a FTC, to assist in the development and execution of comprehensive guest programmes for our key clients. Working across European football and motorsport sponsorship events, this role requires considerable experience and excellent understanding of hospitality operations and account management.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering successful guest experience, sourcing local suppliers, logistics planning and on the ground event execution for UEFA Champions League Final and Goodwood Festival of Speed events that will take place in Russia and England accordingly.
If you have exceptional account management skills, are a real team player, and are passionate about ensuring guests at major events enjoy the best experience possible, then this could be the role for you.
Key Responsibilities for 2021/22 UEFA Champions League Hospitality:
- Be the key point of client contact to plan, manage and execute all crucial elements of the hospitality program
- Secure suitable 3rd party services including but not limited to accommodation, onsite hosting, branding and merchandise production and transportation
- Work with UEFA and relevant right holder account teams to secure tickets, hospitality and parking passes for clients and their guests
- Coordinate and arrange staff accommodation requirements for tournament time Oversight of all aspects of match day hospitality including food & beverage ordering, private suite and lounge production and branding, guest allocation and match day hosting
- Managing and updating Project Management Overviews on a week-by-week basis
- Manage junior staff in the implementation of programmes and events
- Manage and ensure implementation of any necessary Covid 19 measures throughout the operational elements of the programming.
- Ensuring client budgets are well managed, tracked, reconciled and invoiced on time
- Reporting – pre, during and post event
Key Responsibilities for other hospitality events:
- Work alongside Hospitality Account Director to create and implement UK and European football hospitality programmes for up to 30 guests
- Manage status tracking and budget tracking documents and report back to the clients on a monthly basis
- Development of the transportation strategy, systems, and process for hospitality guests for large scale events including vendor sourcing, contracting and fleet inventory planning
- Development of a comprehensive event execution plan including venue selection, branding concept development and food and beverage order
- Documentation creation – including bespoke itinerary for guest group and pre-travel information
- Support with the financial processes including vendor payments
This could be your next right move if:
- You communicate clearly. You can write well, you speak in an engaging way and can explain your thoughts and ideas succinctly
- You think on your feet and use your initiative. You enjoy learning new things and can quickly adapt when things change
- You’re a natural at building rapport with just about anyone at any level in an organisation
- You pay attention to the detail
- You stay focused and nothing gets missed
- You thrive on working on multiple projects at any one time
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure
- You are a real team player
You will also need to have:
- Solid work experience in the marketing, communications, hospitality or advertising industries
- Experience with on-site event management and execution
- Strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and produce quality work within deadlines
- Outstanding organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent computer skills, master of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus, but not required
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and non-traditional hours, as required
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.