Account Trainee, Lifestyle & Endurance-Payment Services Client
THE JOB / Account Trainee
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you consider yourself the go-to friend for all things food and culture? Do you love to host dinner parties, attend the latest museum exhibit, and stay on the pulse of all things culinary and culture? Do you consider yourself tech savvy and excited about the digital marketing world? We’re looking for an Account Trainee to support both the Lifestyle team (think: top chefs and iconic arts & culture properties) and the Endurance team (think: marathons, health, and wellness) for our Payment Services Client.
As the Account Trainee, you will be part of a team responsible for the planning, onsite execution, and activation of all client events and promotions on an ongoing basis. In this position you will work with Octagon’s internal client divisions along with our client partner’s vendors, agencies, and cardholders. Additionally, this role offers a unique opportunity to learn strategic operations and develop an understanding of the client’s consumer marketing programming.
The ideal candidate will come in with an understanding that no detail is too small and it’s all about providing a flawless delivery for our client – a task that often requires in the moment problem solving, outstanding communication skills, strong time management, and the ability to effectively prioritize. If you are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with impactful work, a culture of support and respect, and you want the opportunity to grow, this could be your next role!
This is a temporary position with full-time hours, including some weekends, nights, and holiday travel/work.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate communications calendar for partners
- Liaise with colleagues, agency partners and clients on trackers and dashboards
- Facilitate prioritization of program content with agency partners
- Assist with approvals with partners, agencies and clients
- Assist with finance processes and working with partners and vendors
- Support client with customer service inquiries
- Manage client assets on an asset tracking platform
- Support team in creating event offers on client website
- Review and prepare client materials including offer evaluations, event recaps, sales tracking, status reports, meeting agenda, strategy decks, and annual marketing recaps
- Bring new ideas to the client and in-house team
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in, culinary, digital, entertainment sports, gaming, music and/or celebrity culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 0-1+ years of relevant internship/work experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong self-starter with excellent team dynamics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for this position
- Collaborative in nature with a “no job is too small” positive attitude
- Superior communication skills (both oral and written)
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.