Account Manager, Payment Services
THE JOB / Account Manager, Global Sponsorship Marketing
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day
The Account Manager will support the strategic evolution of the client’s sponsorship portfolio and execution of marketing programs across global sponsored properties and ambassadors in the payment services category! The ideal candidate is highly organized, able to multitask and work independently. The AM will support partnerships across multiple passion verticals including Football, Rugby and Tennis! The role will focus on the development of sponsorship portfolio strategy, strategic executive presentations, creative design of communication materials, tracking & reporting tools for sponsorship portfolio analytics & data, and project management of client assigned deliverables. The position will support execution of global sponsorship virtual, in-person and hybrid experiences, content and events as required. This position is best suited for a candidate passionate about working in a team environment with a diverse group of people from different countries and cultural backgrounds.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Build and cultivate positive client and agency relationships
- Become an authority on our clients’ business and the Financial Services category
- Assess and provide ongoing guidance to client on sponsorship portfolio construction and utilization
- Assist with the development and execution of integrated sponsorship activations, initiatives and campaigns using client’s sponsorship portfolio and assets
- Lead the creation of key presentations and documents to include but not limited to global property summaries, year in review wrap up report, competitive reports and best practice case studies
- Support with weekly updates and action steps across ambassadors/properties
- Own the tracking of requests and utilization of contractual assets across global ambassadors and properties
- Develop guidelines, sell in presentations, and best practices documents to distribute internally and to clients
- Provide internal and client updates as needed
- Keep up on cultural moments across sport around the globe
- Management of detailed financial records including: budget creation, client invoicing, budget forecasting, reconciliation, and personal travel expense
- May supervise staff and/or interns in the implementation of programs, projects and events
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in event marketing, hospitality and/or working with sports & entertainment properties, leagues and/or teams
- Worked across a combination of strategic, logistical and tactical projects
- Previous collaboration experience with internal and/or external groups and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Pays attention to details; ability to balance multiple tasks and produce quality work within target dates
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent digital literacy, master of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great examples of your success in building positive client relationships
- Payment Services industry experience/knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in multiple languages a plus
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.