Account Manager, Adult Beverage Client
THE JOB / Account Manager, Adult Beverage Client
INTEGRATED MARKETING / Responsible for leading Octagon’s client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Account Manager to join our fast-paced Client Services team, working on the strategic management of AB InBev’s sports sponsorship portfolio! This person will report to the Group Director and will support the account team on the day to day of Budweiser’s high-profile initiatives such as FIFA World Cup™, Premier League, and Liga sponsorships! This position will work with various partners including client, agency partners, and production vendors to bring these sponsorships to life.
The role’s primary objective is to ensure the successful launch of concept to execution by leading the project approvals, asset management, and project management for multiple partners. This role has project management responsibilities. This person should effectively influence key decision makers as well as solve problems independently. Excellent interpersonal, communication and client leadership skills required.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Function as project management lead & support for various global sponsorships, specifically Premier League and La Liga execution
- Build and maintain global status reporting to track all deliverables and target dates through all phases of project within a universal PMO document
- Day-to-day communications with all internal and external partners (including Budweiser, partners, agencies, and vendors)
- Host multiple regular (weekly or bi-weekly) meetings with various Budweiser partners and agencies
- Coordinate partnership asset development feedback and approvals, ticket requests and fulfillment, and sponsorship asset allocation and reporting
- Lead and handle the development and implementation of sponsorship (i.e. budget creation, program development, compliance management, logistics, and reconciliation) where available
- Provide on-site event management/activation/rights delivery support as needed
- Lead all aspects of program planning from the initial stages through onsite execution and wrap-up (research and develop tactical plans, lead conference/team calls, handle client and vendor relationships, etc.)
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in related field
- Detail oriented; ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within target dates
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure while working as both part of a team as well as independently
- Experience with on-site event management and execution
- Experience handling partner relationships including vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Experience successfully working with culturally diverse clients
- Experience with global brands and/or rights holders is a plus
- Desire and confidence to present materials to clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Able to handle precise financial records, budgets and reconciliation
- Willingness to work weekend, holiday and non-traditional hours, as required
- “Pitch in and roll up your sleeves” type of attitude required
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally is a requirement
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.