Senior Planner, Creative Planning
The Job / Senior Planner
***The location of this position can be flexible. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
Creative Planning / We’re looking for people who are inherently curious and driven to uncover the truth! You have a passion for culture and a deep understanding of how people think and act – a belief that everything starts with empathy.
You take a step back from assignments to see what’s missing and ask bigger questions. To find new ways to distill and articulate information, new channels to communicate with audiences, and new insights that lead to impactful creative.
You’re a passionate storyteller who is comfortable working across mediums. You care how something is communicated, not just what.
The job will have you working with creatives, account leads, technologists, and an expanded strategy division. You can’t help but rally people around the work and create a collaborative creative atmosphere.
The work you'll do
- Lead the creative briefing process, transforming research into a constant stream of inspiration, insights, and thought starters for the creative team
- Collaborate with an expanded team (client and account) to distill assignments into strong creative briefs, and sell in creative strategies and positionings
- Identify primary research opportunities to uncover new consumer and brand truths
- Be resourceful leveraging existing syndicated or desk research to fortify and inspire the creative process
- Collect and catalog data and insights, turning research into reports that inspire internal teams and are shared externally as thought leadership
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years of relevant advertising/marketing experience, ideally in brand planning, strategy, or research
- Previous experience in an advertising agency is preferred
- Demonstrated history of developing creative briefs that directly impacted creative
- Led research and analysis that uncovered consumer or brand insights
- Additional experience with brand positioning, campaign creation, digital and channel strategies, and customer journeys
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play!
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.