Data Analytics Developer
The Job //
As a Data Analytics Developer, you will execute a number of custom analytics projects. You will be responsible for performing data collection and utilizing various analytical approaches, helping the senior team members interpret results, and generate insights. You will be critical in the provision of meaningful and actionable insights and recommendations in order to drive high client satisfaction. Curiosity and passion for driving learning and insights through sophisticated analytic techniques are a must.
The work you’ll do
- Ability to acquire, cleanse, transform and verify data from first, second, and third-party data sources
- Interpret data, analyze results, and identify trends using statistical techniques and provide ongoing insights/measurement reports
- Ensure data quality & hygiene
- Extract, transform and load large data sets
- Help the manager and other members of the team build a clear, story-driven presentation of model results
- Build dashboards using a variety of data visualization tools
- Work closely with Data & Tech teams to collaborate on data infrastructure and processes
- Collaborate closely with key internal SMEs to verify data integrity, model accuracy, and seek input for client presentations
- Evaluate and refine processes for continued efficiency improvements
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment, and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years of proven experience in a data-focused role
- Experience using statistical programming languages, libraries, or packages for mathematical or data operations, and analyzing large datasets. E.g., Python, SPSS, R
- Experience with data modeling techniques such as multiple linear regression, classification, segmentation, etc.
- Proficiency in basic SQL (Number, date & character manipulations, joins) is highly preferred
- Expertise in basic MS Excel functions including, but not limited to, Vlookup, Hlookup, index – match, Sumifs, Countifs
- Familiarity with comScore, Nielsen TV or Online, Scarborough, YouGov, and social media analytical tools a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word & MS PowerPoint required
- Experience with Media or Advertising Analytics is desirable. Agency experience preferred but not required
- Ideal areas of study/experience include: Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, and/or Marketing Business Management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, prioritize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to present your work and collaborate within a team environment is essential
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.