Jr. Financial Analyst
THE JOB / Jr. Financial Analyst
Are you a natural at analyzing data and looking to leverage your professional experience into the world of sports? If so, position within our agency might be just the ticket.
In this role, the Jr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting our account teams in analyzing and reconciling our projects for our clients! You will be the conduit that connects our account teams, our shared service center billing team and our local finance team to produce high quality timely financial results. We need a self-starter who can operate independently, drive toward results and work within target dates!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Liaison between our Account teams, local finance and billers at our shared service center
- Provide on-site finance support at Octagon events(daily cash reconciliations, checkbook management, bank deposits, ticketing)
- Project analysis
- Cash Applications - Work with Omaha cash applications group on unapplied cash items
- Follow up with client leads on billing issues to ensure timely and accurate processing of all invoices in accordance with client contracts or estimates
- Work with client leads with questions they have about their job cost packages.
- Work with Omaha billing team with billing issues, questions and the timely closing of jobs
- Follow up with client teams on Persuasive evidence (T&E Jobs) billing and or/revenue jobs as needed
- Direct communication with account teams, clients and or vendors on order issues
- Assist Merchandise team with creating purchase orders.
- Submit or assist with new vendor requests
- Project tracking and maintaining anticipating revenue schedule
- New client forms and/or Internal form(IOA)
- Backup to accounts payable team
- Handle other reasonably related duties and unscheduled projects as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required.
- 2-3 years of related financial analyst or accounting experience.
- Microsoft Office: PPT, Word and Excel are table stakes and experience using SAP is a big win.
- You listen first to ensure you understand, but then quickly move to action.
- Top notch organization skills and attention to detail are a must-have.
- We’re looking for folks who can effectively communicate their forward-thinking ideas and reporting analysis (to all levels of the organization) either one-on-one, to a group, or over email.
- We need you to build strong, collaborative/productive relationships with your internal finance peers as well as with your business stakeholder groups.
- As you might guess, lots of reporting deadlines so we need someone who is able to work efficiently meet target dates and shifting priorities.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.