Client Manager, Tennis
Client Manager, Tennis
Assist in the overall direction of the Tennis Division. Responsibilities include recruiting, signing and representing professional tennis players, negotiating endorsement deals, coordinating athlete appearances, working with the client servicing team to arrange athlete travel, playing schedule, tournament entries and withdrawals, hotel reservations and other client related issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit new clients within the European market and assist in the negotiation of player contracts;
- Assist in managing current and new clients;
- Generate new revenue for the tennis division
- Respond to immediate client problems and/or needs;
- Follow up on specific client inquiries/problems regarding bills, appearances, logistics, special requests, etc.;
- Liaise with the client sponsors to coordinate appropriate appearances;
- Assist with various contract negotiations;
- Assist with recruiting and marketing presentation materials;
- Establish contacts, especially within the tennis industry;
- Travel as needed in the performance of job responsibilities;
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned.
- College degree and a minimum of three years of tennis industry experience;
- Proficient in multiple languages, with a fluency in Spanish preferred;
- Strong sales and marketing skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint;
- Ability to proactively provide solutions to internal and external company problems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to use good business judgment and to make quick decisions in situations where discretion is required;
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, as required;
- Ability to travel as needed
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter on-line at www.Octagon.com in the “Careers” section.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.