Account Executive, Payment Services Client (Lifestyle – Culinary and Arts & Culture)
THE JOB / Account Executive, Payment Services Client (Lifestyle – Culinary and Arts & Culture)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you consider yourself the go-to friend for all things food and culture? Do you love to host dinner parties, attend the latest Broadway show, and stay on the pulse of all things culinary and culture? This may be your next big move.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our dynamic team to support a major payment services client and their Lifestyle sponsorship platform. The AE will work with a team responsible for the planning, onsite execution, and activation of all client events and promotions on an ongoing basis. In this position, you will collaborate with Octagon’s internal client divisions along with our client partner’s vendors, agencies, and cardholders! Additionally, this role offers an outstanding opportunity to learn strategic operations and develop an understanding of the client’s consumer marketing programming.
The ideal candidate will come in with an understanding that no detail is too small and it’s all about providing a flawless delivery for our client – a task that often requires in the moment problem solving, outstanding interpersonal skills, strong time management, and the ability to effectively prioritize. If you are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with meaningful work, a culture of support and respect, and you want the opportunity to grow, this could be your next role.
Our ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, and a great communicator. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative, a self-starter, and is comfortable taking the lead and voicing their opinions and ideas. If you are looking for a mix of sponsorship and event planning experience, this position is for you!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Act as day-to-day contact for key clients
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, vendors, venue operators, and partners
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of planning and executing events (all logistics: pre, during, and post, from researching venues to wrap reports, budgets, and timelines)
- Deliver unique, custom event solutions to key program partners, internally and externally, on a regular basis
- Maintain and seek creative ways to enhance partner relationships, as well as vendors and properties
- Maximize the value of the sponsorship assets and programs
- Oversee approvals of sponsorship branding and messaging onsite and in digital collateral
- Balance numerous projects simultaneously, leading smaller-scale turn-key event experiences and supporting large scale custom event experiences
- Own finance paperwork and documentation (Creation of POs, job codes and adding new clients as vendors into our systems)
- Develop post event wrap-up emails and decks to clients directly following events and compile end of year recaps
- Attend events while serving as a main point of contact for vendors, guests, client and partners
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A fan or specialist of celebrity & lifestyle culture, food, travel, Broadway, dance and the arts
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or 1+ year(s) agency/client service experience and/or marketing experience
- You are a standout colleague who loves to share their opinion and solve problems but can also work independently
- You are an outgoing person who can help collaborate with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
- An attention to detail, with strong work ethic, the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work, while adhering to strict timelines (ex: reporting documents, client facing decks, budgets)
- You have the proven ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems
- You have superb communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- You are ready and willing to work long hours and travel on weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.