Account Director, Financial Services Client – Trade Shows
THE JOB / Account Director, Financial Services Client (Experiences)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing events and experiential marketing programs.
Have you been to more Trade Shows and Conventions than you can remember but still cannot get enough?
Do you see the standard Trade Show event as a blank canvas to develop unique and engaging interactions with attendees, but also understand the complexity of balancing brand objectives and creating fulfilling consumer experiences?
Do you know what it takes to create successful branded experiences and have the relationships, networks, and experience to bring it to life?
If the answer is yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you. We are looking for an Account Director to help expand the success of our clients’ programming at B2B events and Trade Shows. The AD will be the day-to-day account lead for all aspects of our client’s Trade Show programming! This includes event planning, coordination of concept development with our creative and account teams, design and development of program, management of staff, oversight of on-site planning & activation. This person will work closely with our clients from briefing and planning to on-site execution and recapping.
In addition to being the lead on this account, the Account Director will lead a team of (1) Account Manager and (1) Senior Account Executive to facilitate client communication and workflow, prioritize account tasks, work in a fast-paced environment and lead the successful activation of programming in a deadline oriented environment!
This role will also support additional clients as determined across our Experiences specialization.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead planning and implementation of 60+ events, including travel to marquee events
- Focus on overall project management, agendas, budget, communication, etc.
- Develop workflow timeline, planning and program, execution, and measurement.
- Create templates of program description and event concepts for internal client presentations
- Create and present professional documents, including event briefs and recaps
- Create and balance event staffing schedules
- Day to day contact with Manager to ensure needs are being met
- Manage and execute on-site activities including pre-communication with show organizers, event set-up, engaging of the clients on staffing, premium distribution and event breakdown
- Provide oversight, management, leadership and direction to direct reports: Senior Coordinator and Event Coordinators
- Other Administrative duties and related duties as assigned
- Lead day-today communication with client, internal service groups and 3rd party vendors to fulfill activation asset(s) and premium needs
- Lead procurement, contracting and execution of all 3rd party products and/or services vendor(s) to drive maximum program success
- Trade show equipment (of varying configurations) and logistics management
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for and expertise in Trade Shows and conventions, B2B events, sports, entertainment, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7-10 year(s) work experience in event marketing/event production/Trade Show execution
- Leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively and effectively, through both written and verbal mediums
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to add value with every interaction
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under short deadlines and lead a team
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple programs and work streams
- You are detail oriented with superior organization skills and maintain that standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- You are not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. You take initiative
- A demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are reliable and trustworthy
- You can lead client meetings, staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time and on budget
- The ability to motivate others, driving team to success
- You are able to forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.