Account Director, Financial Services Client – Preferred Rewards
THE JOB / Account Director, Preferred Rewards (Financial Services Client)
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and executing event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you consider yourself an experiential specialist?
Are you especially skilled with managing multiple experiential programs?
If you have deep knowledge of the experiential space and are a forward-thinking leader eager to join an innovative, dynamic team; this opportunity is for you! Our team is searching for a dedicated and hardworking Account Director to lead a cross-functional team with the goal of producing world-class experiences!
But what will I do? Glad you asked. You’ll lead a team in developing innovative experiential activations for our client Preferred Rewards programming. Do you enjoy the challenge of working at the speed of light and juggling complex programs? We do too. You will be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of experiences across multiple clients.
Still with us? Cool. Because we are looking for a seasoned leader who understands how to create compelling fan experiences and embraces being part of a team. This Account Director effectively demonstrates an intuitive eye for working with partners, managing a team, delivering excellent client service within a fast-paced environment, loves details, enjoys the process and takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead and motivate project teams on multiple programs
- Management of direct reports as assigned
- Work closely with our Hospitality team to develop experiential activation plans and program recommendations in support of clients’ goals and objectives
- Work closely with your team and colleagues to broadly oversee the management of consumer facing programming – including vendor management, logistical planning, budget management, event execution and recapping
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events including vendor vetting and selection, contract review and negotiation and requisite event activation plans and supporting communication documents (i.e., Work Plans, Event Overviews, Event Guides, etc.)
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events and hospitality programs, sponsorship evaluations, competitive reviews, POVs, white papers, property research, etc.
- Implement management routines and protocols to foster an environment for thoughtful ideation, critical review and transparent communication of program updates across teams/clients
- Manage quality control of client facing communications and project management materials across the team
- Develop relationships with clients as a trusted advisor, while driving business/projects forward
- Oversee employee career development across the team
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
- Other Administrative and related duties as assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passion for hospitality, entertainment, and celebrity & lifestyle culture
- You have a passion for events/experiences, ranging from large-scale custom experiences to small-scale turnkey events
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7–10-year(s) work experience in experiential marketing
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to communicate concisely, persuasively and effectively, across multiple mediums
- You think of yourself as a people leader who is invested in the success of the team first
- History of building positive relationships, both internally and externally – finding opportunities to add value with every interaction
- You’re a proactive, critical thinker who thrives when the pressure is on
- You're not afraid to “pitch in”, “roll up your sleeves” and get it done. You take initiative. No task is too big or too small
- You’re able to prioritize multiple projects with ease, manage deadlines, coordinate key timelines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- You exhibit emotional intelligence and can adapt to working with various personalities
- You’re results driven and able to work independently
- You are detail oriented with superior organization skills and maintain that standard of excellence and consistency across your team
- You have demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise and you are reliable and trustworthy
- You can lead client meetings, staff planning and keep all parties on task, on time and on budget
- You can motivate others, driving the team to success
- You can forecast and mitigate issues/challenges effectively
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend/holiday travel
- Willingness to travel to various event sites throughout the U.S.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.