Group Director, Property Rights Consulting
THE JOB / Group Director, Property Rights Consulting
PROPERTY RIGHTS CONSULTING / Dedicated, multifaceted consulting group designed to work seamlessly with brand partners & property rights-holders
No agency is better positioned at the intersection between properties' and brands' business objectives than Octagon. We’re searching for a Group Director who will focus on client service and insights & recommendations development for our Property Rights Consulting clients!
Are you interested in leading the development of a strategic plan across a variety of rights-holder properties, with an emphasis on sports properties?
If you describe yourself as having excellent organizational and interpersonal communications skills, with experience managing major sponsorship programs, and are looking to join a well-established agency that provides you with exciting work, this should be your next move!
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Lead development of unique, customized solutions for Octagon’s Property Rights Consulting clients
- Develop and lead cross functional relationships with other specialty team members
- Contribute to building project budgets, SOWs and invoices
- Work closely with the network and facilitate company-wide efforts to identify properties/rights-holders as targets for Octagon’s PRC services
- Provide subject matter expertise as it pertains to supporting or prospecting with leagues and teams
- Lead business development through recommendation, proposal and presentation creation
- Lead team on balancing deliverables of numerous projects simultaneously
- Act as lead contact for key clients/projects
- Pay attention to industry trends, news, and help identify new opportunities
- Other related duties, as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon, we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Have a passion for sports, entertainment, or lifestyle
- 7+ years of property experience -- you have a deep knowledge of and/or experience in sponsorships
- Prior experience as a leader of rights-holder’s strategic direction by providing insights and recommendations
- Have shown success building and maintaining trusted client relationships
- Be an authority on a property and the state of the property’s industry
- Be confident and comfortable presenting to clients and partners
- Experience working in an agency-like setting, and excel at managing multiple partners
- Have experience managing executional deliverables and program activation across multiple projects while hitting tight target dates
- Someone who is proactive and leads others by example, and offers strategic thought leadership to your team, clients and prospective clients
- You have excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint
- You have superb written and verbal communications skills
- A great leader with a can do, whatever it takes approach
- You have the ability and flexibility to travel and work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.