Client Service & Business Development Manager
THE JOB / Client Service & Business Development Manager
Octagon, a global leader in talent representation, is seeking a full time Client Service & Business Development Manager for our McLean, VA office. The successful candidate will work closely with senior executives in the talent marketing and broadcasting space to help service, commercialize and promote clients such as sports legends, elite TV broadcasters, professional coaches and other influential agency clients.
Who we’re looking for…
Related Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant industry work experience or equivalent combination of training and experience;
Prior talent service and sales experience is preferred;
Exceptional communication and people skills as this is a client-facing role, must be able to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of individuals at all levels both within and outside Octagon;
Must be able to identify and develop profitable business opportunities that compliment current and new clients;
A digital native and an avid social media user;
Understanding of the content and broadcasting landscape across sports, entertainment, pop culture, and media;
Accurate and persuasive writing skills;
Demonstrated ability to be absolutely reliable and trustworthy, and to maintain appropriate confidentiality in all matters;
Self-driven with ability to work independently;
Demonstrated experience in positions requiring discretion, judgment, tact, and poise;
Demonstrated skill with juggling deadlines and demands to achieve the desired results within required timeframe;
A positive attitude and ability to balance competing priorities, short term deadlines and the highest standards
The work you’ll do…
- Assist in the overall management of clients including direct support on travel organization and logistics, preparation of appearance briefs, client correspondence, tracking of payments, contracts, invoices and other client-specific items as needed;
- Coordinate with partners and clients to schedule and plan client appearances;
- Place outbound sales calls to generate business leads and identify the appropriate contacts;
- Conduct market research to identify new endorsement opportunities;
- Create, organize and customize presentation and other marketing materials;
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and other industry contacts;
- Receive, prepare, and proofread professional correspondence and sales decks;
- Respond to front line questions and issues with internal and external clients;
- Interface regularly with the agency’s legal, invoicing and accounting divisions;
- Contact clients and/or respond to client requests on an as needed basis;
- Assist staff with research projects including researching potential endorsements, contact names, industry trends, or other assigned
The bigger team you’ll join
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire talent, brands, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward to help our partners make the next right move.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.