Financial Services Trainee
Athletes and entertainers will generate a lifetime of earnings over a short period of time. Managing those earnings is essential for their financial security now and in the future. For more than 30 years, OFS has helped athletes and celebrities manage their wealth—from the signing of their first contract, through retirement and beyond. As an independent wealth management family office we pride ourselves on helping clients understand their finances, so they can enjoy the lifestyle they have worked so hard to earn.
The trainee position will provide you with hands-on experience in the way we provide financial services to our clients. It will offer an insightful look into the financial services industry as it relates to the world of sports. OFS Wealth seeks hardworking and driven applicants to closely work with members of our successful Financial Services team. We’re looking for someone who is considering accounting or financial planning as a career, and who wants to get a head start learning the day-to-day operations of a financial services group.
The position is located in our McLean, VA headquarters office and/or remote, and is a paid part-time, limited term position (20 to 30 hours per week) in the fall. Qualified candidates are undergraduate and graduate students and individuals who are currently attending or have graduated from a college/university within the last 12 months.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Provide back office support to the Investment Operations team with new and existing account administration and maintenance
- Run investment proposals and prepare client meeting documents, financial plans, statements and quarterly updates
- Review client information for accuracy and update financial planning software as necessary
- Review client documents for gaps in financial planning process
- Handle day-to-day financial issues and research special client issues
- Work with advisors and OFS team on all aspects of our business including financial planning & budgeting, taxes, accounting & cash management, insurance, estate planning and investments.
- Provide general administrative support for the OFS team
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to prioritize workload, juggle tasks and follow projects through completion
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong digital literacy – proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For consideration, please submit your résumé and cover letter online at www.octagon.com in the “Join our Team” section.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.